Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Focus Project 2011: An Introduction

Well, I didn't get the travel writing scholarship I was hoping for with World Nomads so now I'm back to photography! I figure I'll just keep oscillating between writing and photography and hopefully be able to meld them in the future... It is getting a bit easier to deal with being rejected but it's still not the most pleasant feeling in the world. But, I figure it's better to get back on the horse rather than give up.

I do actually have a literal example of this: one time, when I was in middle school and I was horseback riding, I ended up falling off really badly. The horse just took off underneath me and left me behind. I ended up cracking my helmet completely in half... That was pretty scary but after I lay stunned for about 10 minutes, I picked myself up and got back on. It was one of the most terrifying experiences of my entire life and I am so glad that I was still in a haze of shock so that I didn't run screaming from the beast.

Well, this is sort of like that. The way that this competition works is I pay 79 bucks for up to 20 photos. There are three rounds. The first and the second round occur simultaneously. The first round is all about popularity and how many votes I get within a week! If I get enough votes I will a) be a featured artist and b) win $500 which would be really helpful! The second round is a month long and there are judges who will pick the winner. If I were to win the second round, which isn't influenced by the first round, then I am eligible for the year competition. For me to win either of those, I would be insanely happy but I feel like I still need to grow as a photography before I can really get my hopes up...

I do think that I can make it through the popularity one. I would be insanely grateful to anyone who could please take a second and vote for me. All you need to do is click on the following link and then click the vote at the top of the corner! You don't even have to look at my work ;) It would be nice if you did though. Feel free to leave feedback!

http://www.focusproject2011.com/CeciliaH

Here is a cute picture to tempt you more! Also this is apparently ongoing so feel free to keep voting!


Please vote!!

http://www.focusproject2011.com/CeciliaH

0 comments:

Post a Comment