Thursday, November 8, 2012

Expats Blog Interview and Competition

Drawing with light in Xining.
For those American readers that I have, I hope you will join me a very sincere sigh of relief that campaign season is OVER (for now). All of those endless ads, the complete standstill of government, and the ridiculous assertions from media sources on both sides will hopefully diminish for quite some time. Elated or disappointed, be proud that there was such a large voter turn out and that we have the freedom to express our views. 

In an effort to move past the unresolved nightmare that is my fickle faulty hard drive, I submitted a piece to a writing competition for Expats Blog. 

It is entitled "The Perils of Shopping" and I would really appreciate it if you took the time to read my submission and spread it wide! 

Click "like" and share it because exposure is one of the factors that the judges will take into consideration. The others are of course content as well as creativity. Please also leave comments and feedback. The contest ends Saturday the 10th of November, so there is a tight time limit on this. 

You can also click here to go to the main contest page in order to vote for me. Just scroll down to the Perils of Shopping and click "like"!

Thank you very much! Also, I was interviewed and you can read it here. I discuss my current move, my upbringing, and what it means to be a TCK. If you were ever curious about me, this is an in-depth interview

Again, please "like" and share my contest submission and don't forget to leave a comment at the bottom! I only have until Saturday, so let's make as much noise as possible!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thought this might interest you :)

    www.facebook.com/ThirdCultureKids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for passing this along! Feel free to head to my Facebook page and give a "like": https://www.facebook.com/UnsettledTCK

    ReplyDelete