Thursday, October 20, 2011

Don't Insist on English: I Won't Post this on StoryJungle's Blog

This TED talk by Patricia Ryan is extremely interesting and thought-provoking. I didn't really have any other place to post this since I get the feeling not many people check out the side bars and footers of my Home page. In order to spread this, I thought it warranted an actual post.

As I mentioned in the title of this post, I don't think it would be prudent to share in StoryJungle's Blog (an English tutoring center in Hong Kong that I work for: ). The gist of her talk is that the dominance of English as the global language could be hindering transmissions of information. She is an extremely humorous and entertaining speaker. Whether or not you agree with her, she is well worth watching.



0 comments:

Post a Comment