Tuesday, October 18, 2011

StoryJungle Hong Kong

To fund my travels, I still work for my boss at StoryJungle Co. Ltd. This is an English education center in Hong Kong which focuses on promoting reading and writing as a means of learning English. The idea is that students will be actually engaged and interested in storybooks as opposed to being forced to learn. It has proven to be an extremely effective method! There is something really amazing about seeing children, whose first language isn't English, actively excited about reading stories in another language.

I currently write the curriculum that is being taught in the center. Most recently, I took on the responsibility of making the blog. Putting my new-found html skills to work as well as my penchant for finding templates, Story Jungle's blog was born. I tried to be a bit more imaginative with it, especially with the pages and with a weekly "guess the book" survey. It is also the place where I can experiment and see what works and doesn't work. It took a little while to write all the posts and I know the wording is a bit repetitive but there's only so many ways you can say how awesome a place is.

Here it is and let me know what you think:



1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much effort you put into your work. Your creativity shows in your writing and I would never in a million years think of all the different ideas you came up with for the blog. (you've inspired me to start my own blog too!)Go PRO babes~! You're well better than the other web designers here in HK! (hint hint*)

    ReplyDelete